Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hanging with my Gnomie...

Yesterday Em and I went to see
"Gnomeo and Juliet"
It was a really cute movie.

I've always loved fairy tale characters and spent my childhood
playing with imaginary friends.  
When I went to sleep, 
visions of my dolls coming alive and playing 
all night long ruled my imagination until I nodded off.
I would even try to fool them and pretend to be asleep, then
open my eyes super fast...but there were always still
where I left them.

Yes, there is a gnome in 
my garden...Just one...that I know of anyway.
He is getting kind of faded & me thinks
it is time for a wee repaint.


 Em and I decided to come home and sculpt
a couple of gnomes.
My favorite gnomes in the movie were the little ones.
As she watched me, her confidence started fading.
"geeze, you are so fast Mom, I can't do it like you"
I had to remind her, I was like her once, fumbling my way...
everyone starts somewhere
and no one is ever perfect,
EVERYTHING in life takes PRACTICE.

So, I gently coaxed and prodded her.  
She wanted me to just
take over and do it for her, but nope.
I am a stubborn Mom
and as a parent, each day has multiple
opportunities to teach
our children.

So, here are our Gnomies...side by side.
Mine is the one on the right, hers on the left.
Both are under 2 inches tall.


So, yesterday was spent hanging with my Gnomie, Emily...
watching Gnomies 
and sculpting Gnomies.

Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. Those are so so so cute, I love them!!! I have a concrete gnomie in my garden. It is very hard to tell the difference between you two girls work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your gnomies! My daughter and I went to see Gnomeo and Juliet last week and really enjoyed it. I love it when we get to spend time together, we make jewellery together or sometimes she paints and draws while I am making jewellery, we are at our happiest sat next to each other. I completely get your post x

    ReplyDelete