Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Paints and Pinterest


Storing paint in ones studio is often a challenge. Especially tube paint. It doesn't stand upright. Gets shifted and buried in bins, etc. then you have to dig for colors. Ugh. Waste of time. 

After seeing this on Pinterest...
I knew I had to recreate it in my own studio. So, to the sideyard I went. A few years ago, I trash picked this fence piece. It was in my garden for awhile with an assemblage junk angel I made on it. 


But in my classic fashion, I tired of the angel and disassembled it...saving the fence piece for a future project. 

Voila! The future had arrived!  After blowing every tiny spider and web from every nook and cranny. My honey attached it to the wall. 


I even used the flowers sign from the garden angel and made the "just paint" sign. The little plastic paint palette
was one of my first ones from 20 plus years ago. I liked the dried colors and just used it as decor. Plus the paint use to adhere to those older plastic palettes different than the newer ones. 


I'm super duper happy with this! Here is how it looks in my studio overall. 


Now...I'm off to finish that sweet coyote painting for a client. Thanks for stopping by and go make one of these for your space! 

Xo, Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!Visit Us:Aluminium bronze bar 

    ReplyDelete